C's step-brother who has been living in "my space" above the shop for the winter has decided to move out into a camper trailer for the summer, so the room can finally be mine. It still needs flooring and a bit of wiring but it's further along than in the pictures from last fall. So, I can finally start making steps toward moving in. Yay!
I bought this storage locker for $20 at a garage sale in Seattle a few years ago, intending to use it in one of the boys' rooms. It turns out that it really isn't the most practical storage for them and it didn't take long before I started stuffing my stash yarn in there.
Yesterday, while C took the boys fishing, in a couple of hours it was transformed from the 80's-90's ivy stencilling to a plain grey, using some leftover paint from painting the boys' IKEA table and chairs a few years ago. (Sorry about the pictures. I didn't feel like cropping) It looked like it was going to get cold last night so I moved it inside for the night. This morning, the paint is still VERY tacky to the touch. Oh dear. I hope I didn't make a mistake using that old paint.
When it was done, I realized that I'd seen something quite similar in an article about repainting on metal in the latest copy of Country Home magazine, here:
The picture of the metal chairs got me thinking about repainting the two metal chairs that were given to us by some friends when they moved away a couple of years ago. I don't think I'll be painting them though. I like them just the way they are. They're orange, after all.