It's finally time to get around to showing these that I made two or three years ago, preblog, to organize needles. The fabric is barkcloth from a set of thrifted curtains that were made mostly from the leafy pattern with a wide border on one side of each panel in the chartreuse yellow. It was one of those thrift SCORE moments. I know I didn't pay much for them. It's almost a shame that this fabric spends most of it's life rolled up unseen but there's still a fair amount of it leftover for another project some day, maybe a matching crochet hook holder. It's always a pleasure to unroll and roll them up and see the fabric again: good incentive to stay organized.
The straight, single points almost never get used although all those different shades of shiny aluminum and plastic are always pretty to look at, whether jumbled in a vase like some do, or all lined up neatly like this. The only pair of single point needles I really ever use are my favorite ones (I know I've rambled on about these before), the bent pair of #2 aluminum ones on the left there, the same chartreuse as the fabric. After all the baby sweaters they've been used for making, and the little incident with the car door that left them bent but still usable, I now find myself oddly attached to those needles.
The pattern I sort-of followed in the making of the roll ups, not the hanging cable needle holder, was torn from an old issue of ME Home Companion but I can't seem to find it anywhere.